Peanut Butter BBQ Ribs Sauce
- 2 litres water
- 250 ml rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons salt, 2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice
- 2 racks pork back ribs, about 1kg each
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons SKIPPY® Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chilli sauce
- Thinly sliced spring onion
- Crushed unsalted peanuts
- Brine: Combine the water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt and Chinese five spice in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes or until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool completely.
- Place the ribs in a resealable plastic bag and fill with the brine. Refrigerate, turning occasionally for 6 hours or overnight. Remove the ribs from the brine; discard the excess brine.
- Sauce: Whisk the ketchup with the soy sauce, peanut butter, rice vinegar, honey and chilli sauce; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C. Arrange the ribs on a baking tray fitted with a cooking rack; cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour; remove the foil. Bake, basting with the peanut sauce every 30 minutes, for 2 hours or until the bones move easily within the meat. Cut into 3-bone portions and arrange on a serving platter. Sprinkle the spring onion and peanuts over the ribs.
Tip: Double the sauce recipe and save half to serve with the cooked ribs for dipping.